History & Government Education Program Details
The secondary history and government program curriculum is built on the belief that it is critical for KU students to not only gain a broad-based teacher education preparation, but to supplement that education with hands-on practical experience in the field. This powerful combination allows our students to excel in any classroom environment.
General Education Courses
Content Area Courses
Additional Requirements for Content Area Courses
- Political Science Requirement (300+)
- Mapping Course Requirement
- Asian/African History Requirement
- Latin American History Requirement
- European History Requirement (300+)
- American History Requirement (300+)
- Non-Western Geography Requirement
Teacher Education Courses
Please note: This is only a potential plan of study. Consult with your academic advisor before enrolling.